Acel Camfield PA-COrthopedic Team
When Acel shadowed a Physician Assistant, he immediately knew this was the career that would fulfill him. By then, he had spent time in education, farming, coaching, construction, and sports manufacturing, gaining communication skills that have helped him connect with patients of all ages and backgrounds. Today, Acel is gratified to guide patients with upper and lower extremity injuries and joint damage back to daily functionality and the activities that bring them joy. Through patient-oriented care and teamwork with other SMOC providers, Acel has witnessed his patients make tremendous progress while here at SMOC.
The son of a registered nurse who encouraged him to go into medicine, Acel grew up in a small town in central Illinois. Outside work, he stays active by hiking with his wife and French bulldog, enjoys traveling, and playing golf.
- Upper & Lower Extremity Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate – Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Sports Studies, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
- Post-graduate – Masters of Science in Physician Assistant, Mary Baldwin University, Fishersville, Virginia
- Clinical experience – Rotations in Orthopaedics, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Internal
- Medicine, Behavioral Health, Women’s Health, and Pediatrics at health centers in Virginia, Illinois and Florida;
- Emergency Room Technician at HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital, Effingham, Illinois
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
(NCCPA) Certified Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Computer Trained in Ultrasound Techniques
- Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants (VAPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)