Aksel Keklik, PA-COrthopedic Team
Aksel helps athletes and patients in pain realize their full physical potential. He is particularly passionate about athletes at the middle and high school level, and donates his time helping with injuries and offering his services for physicals.
Aksel began studying medicine not long after his dream of retiring as a professional soccer player was cut short. He came to the United States to escape civil unrest in his native Turkey and to pursue a new career helping athletes heal and regain their strength after injury. He learned English, adapted to a new culture, and after graduating from ODU, went on to receive his Master of Physician Assistant (PA) degree from EVMS.
For the next 8 years he worked his way up to high level functioning PA and PA leader positions in emergency medicine. He was drawn to SMOC because of our “strong effort to treat our patients as if they are one of our family members.” Today, Aksel has a young family of his own, and is excelling in his career, with the turbulent memories of his youth serving to motivate him to do the best he can on behalf of his patients.
- Sports Medicine related to hip, knee and shoulder injury
- Master of Science: Master of Physician Assistant, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Bachelor of Science: Sports Medicine, Exercise Physiology and Advanced Nutrition, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
- NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant
- Licensure by VA Health Department
- ACLS Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- BLS Basic Life Support for Healthcare professionals
PA /Emergency Medicine – Emergency Physicians of Tidewater, Virginia Beach, VA
PA program – Eastern Virginia Medical School clinical rotations at medical hospitals/facilities in Norfolk,
Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News and Suffolk, VA
Physical Therapy Department: Chesapeake General Hospital
Special Olympics: Virginia Beach
School Athlete Physicals: high and middle schools in Chesapeake
Athletic Training: Norfolk State University athletes
Norfolk Naval Base: Fitness training for military personnel, competitive race management
- AAPA American Association of Physician Assistants
- VAPA Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants
One of the best features of treatment at SMOC is that it is truly a “one stop shop.” From diagnosis to treatment, surgery to physical therapy, you receive a continuum of care with each provider working closely together to help you heal and get back to your life.
Aksel is particularly excited about the implementation of Mind Controlled Prosthetics, especially on military personnel.