Anthony M. Bevilacqua, DO Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Specialist
For Dr. Anthony Bevilacqua his passion for fixing what is broken comes with no excuses, just “accomplish the mission.” He truly enjoys the challenge of doing what’s needed to get a young athlete back into his game or an elderly grandparent back enjoying an active life.
As a young student, Dr. Bevilacqua discovered an internal resolve that kept him focused, and eventually led him into active duty service with the US Army. Repairing serious injuries and complex fractures on other active duty soldiers, including those from the Airborne School, 75th Rangers and other units essential to the US Army mission following 9/11, he honed his skills as an accomplished orthopaedic surgeon.
Dr. Bevilacqua’s military service led to a determination to help not only our brave servicemen and women get back to work and on with their lives, but all those who have been sidelined by an injury or accident. Today his patients are more likely to be fresh off the playing field than the battlefield, but he utilizes that same grit and determination to get them back on their feet.
As one of our most highly-regarded joint and sports medicine experts, Dr. Bevilacqua is a leader in the region. He believes community grows out of being a significant part of other people’s lives, and is driven to give back by serving on numerous boards and trauma teams, and training EVMS students on their medical journey.
A family man who loves dogs, boating, competitive tennis and making pancakes for his kids, he is a very visible and active resident of Suffolk and its surrounding communities
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL (Midwestern University)
- AOSSM Certificate of Advanced Qualifications
- AAOS Shoulder Replacement Training
- AAOS Advanced Arthroscopic Techniques
- Chief of Professional Services, U.S. Army Health Clinic, Pentagon
- Assistant Chief, Orthopaedic Surgery, 121st General Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
- Chief, Orthopaedic Surgery & Rehab Services, Martin Army Hospital, Fort Benning, GA
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, CO
- Sentara Obici Joint Replacement Task Force
Sentara Health Care Joint Replacement Task Force
Team Physician, Chowan University
Associate Clinical Professor EVMS Stratton Mountain, VT Orthopaedic Trauma Team
Computer/robot-guided surgery, multi-modal pain management, and new infection prevention techniques are just a sample of the exciting breakthroughs in orthopaedics.
Orthopaedic Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine Certificate of Advanced Qualifications (CAQ)