Raymond Clifton, Jr. MMS, PA-C.Pain Management
Having dealt with multiple injuries from years of an active life-style, Raymond Clifton understands how life can be living in chronic pain. He first became interested in physical medicine with a goal of helping patients just like himself – people who simply want to return to the activities they love. Ray, a Chesapeake native, treats his patients with genuine empathy, as he would want himself or a loved one to be treated. “I’ve been right there where they are sitting, in pain and looking for answers,” he says. “I understand their point of view and I am committed to truly listening to them. They become part of my family, not just my patients.” Ray has enjoyed working in physical medicine and rehabilitation since.
He is grateful that SMOC offers all of the latest medical and physical therapy modalities under one roof: “We have so many tools here to help people heal and regain their strength.” Ray is married and has two young children. He enjoys spending time with his family, playing tennis and golf, going to the beach, and traveling. He also has played guitar since he was 13 years old. After years of playing around the area, he can still be found performing with a longtime friend and fellow vocalist/guitarist.
- Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
- Interventional Pain Management
- Undergraduate – Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine/ Athletic Training, University of Pittsburgh, Magna Cum Laude
- Post-graduate – Masters of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Salus University, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
- Winke Orthopedic Pain Management, Chesapeake, VA, 2018-2020
- Bon Secours Neuroscience Center for Pain Management, Portsmouth, VA, 2015-2018
- Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, Raleigh, NC, 2014-2015
- Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants (VAPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Certified